10 Flower Decoration Tips for Weddings
After the dress is picked out and other important details of the wedding are planned, it comes time to choose what flowers will help adorn the big day. Whether you choose fresh flowers, silk flowers, or exotic flowers grown from afar, choosing the perfect flowers will be much easier with the 10 flower decoration tips for weddings listed below. Let these tips make planning your big event a little easier.
- Choosing silk flowers has many benefits. Silk flowers have countless benefits and can help make your wedding fabulous. Silk flowers are often less expensive, last long, and can easily be found as opposed to fresh flowers.
- If you choose silk, buy in advance. When choosing silk flowers, it is important to buy in advance. Buying in advance can help ensure that you are satisfied with the silk flowers when they arrive. It gives you time to experiment with how you use them to decorate your wedding.
- Use a combination of fresh and silk flower. If you like both silk and fresh flowers, consider using both of them in your wedding. For larger projects such as decorating tables and arches, choose a silk version of your favorite flowers. For bouquets and boutonnieres choose to use fresh flowers. You may have to order these flower from your local flower shop at least a couple of weeks in advance. This will give the shop time to locate the flowers if they are exotic and hard to find.
- Choose to add in color through your flowers. Instead of choosing bold, bright colors for brides maid’s dresses, choose to add in color through your flowers. Silk flowers have the advantage here because the vibrant colors are guaranteed to last throughout the entirety of your wedding.
- A florist can help you design your bouquets and complete the job for you. Even if you choose silk flowers, a florist can help you design and complete your flower bouquets. Florists can be just as creative with silk flowers as they are with fresh flowers. Enlist the help of a local florist or someone close to you who knows how to design flowers.
- If you choose an exotic flower that is hard to find, you can save money by choosing silk flowers. A rare flower or a flower that is out of season will be very hard to find and even more difficult to keep alive if you do find the fresh flower. For this reason, it can be very beneficial to choose the silk version of the flower.
- If you choose fresh flowers, choose flowers that are in season. If silk flowers are out of the question, choose to decorate with fresh flowers that are in season. Some people even go as far as choosing a certain time of year to get married simply because their favorite flower is in bloom. Seasonal flowers will be more colorful, healthier, and last longer when you incorporate them into you wedding.
- Don’t be afraid to try your hand at making your own bouquet. Buy the silk flowers ahead of time so that you can try your hand at making your own bouquet. There are countless videos and online tutorials that can help you get creative and make your own bouquet. Quality silk flowers will be very easy to work with.
- Flowers make the perfect centerpiece. When decorating for your wedding, choose to let flowers be your centerpiece. Large glass vases filled with your favorite flower arrangement will add and elegant touch to the wedding.
- Use the internet and other resources to find great way to incorporate flowers into every aspect of your wedding. Flowers are versatile and can be incorporated into almost every aspect of your wedding. Perhaps you can even incorporate fresh or silk flowers into hair pieces for the flower girls or brides maids.
Use the 10 flower decoration tips for wedding listed above to help you choose the perfect flower for your special occasion. While fresh flowers may be on your list of “must haves” for your wedding, choosing silk flowers may be the better option. Get started creating the perfect bouquets, center pieces, and other wedding decorations with flowers today.
Sarah has written this article for 1001ArtificialFlowers.com. Visit their website for natural look artificial flowers and floral arrangements for wedding